sweet corn and blueberry ice cream

sweet corn and blueberry ice cream

     I am not fortunate enough to be remotely close to any of Jeni's ice cream shops but I am pretty grateful that I purchased her book.  I bought it about a year ago and never really got around to making anything from it, plus there is the fact that I thought up until now my kitchen aid ice cream attachment was a piece of crap which was really just me not quite following the instructions properly.  Anyway her  interesting flavor combinations had me ready to try my ice cream maker again.    With total success I made her The Buckeye State flavor, which was amazing and tasted similar to a reeses peanut butter cup.
     Now you see I was hooked. I had to make more.  Next I made her enticing sweet corn ice cream.  I wasn't really sure how that was going to taste... maybe a little weird?  I wasn't sure. But I had all the ingredients on hand only adapting it with blueberries instead of blackberries.  It was unbelievable.
 This recipe was not in her book but I did find it here while watching some of the cute videos they post with what goes into making their ice cream flavors.

Comments

Sarah said…
Looks amazing, I adore corn in ice cream. And blackberries, too.
ChichaJo said…
Looks delicious! Over here sweet corn ice cream is actually a common local flavor...I love it!

Popular Posts